So, the first quarter and few minutes of the ballgame were great. At least what I remember of it was....
Kevin, Daddy, Carly and I went to the game last night. We left at 3:30 and got to the campus at about 4. We had Aunt Robin's parking pass to one of the parking decks, which was great because we didn't have to search for a parking spot. We caught a bus from the parking deck that took us directly to the stadium. This was so nice, seeing as we have usually have to park miles from the stadium and walk miles to it!! It was very hot, but we got to our seats pretty fast, and the sun set not long after that behind the height of the stadium, so it cooled off some. We watched pregame and then the first quarter. Alabama was playing well and we were enjoying leading the game so early on. However, all of the sudden, not long after the second quarter started, I started feeling bad. I leaned over and told Kevin that i felt like I was giong to pass out. The stadium was going black and then coming back into focus. I felt like the whole thing was spinning in circles. I also leaned over and told Daddy that I was going to pass out. I remember looking at Kevin and I could see him asking me something, but I couldn't hear him. Apparently I passed out then. When I came to, Kevin was on one side and Daddy was on the other. Daddy was very upset, telling me not to pass out again. I think Kevin was kind of in shock. Daddy told him to go and get the paramedics. Some nice people around us gave me some ice in a napkin and one of them checked my pulse. The paramedics came and put me on a stretcher. My blood pressure was only 80/42 then and I was feeling pretty bad. They loaded me onto this golf cart contraption and carried me to the first aid station. I think I threw up about 5 times on the way there. When I got there, Daddy, Kevin and Carly were waiting on me. Kevin helped clean me up as best as he could, and get most of the vomit off of me, though it was all over my clothes. Stuff like this usually really bothers him, but he was such a good sport and kept telling me that he loved me. Daddy and Carly went out in front of the stadium and bought me a tshirt to change into. Carly and the nurse helped me change and then the nurse started an IV on me. The first aid folks thought that I needed to go on to the hospital, and I agreed at that point. I was still throwing up a lot and was still dizzy. They loaded me up in the ambulance, and Daddy rode with me to the hospital. This is the first time I was ever in an ambulance and I hope I never have to be again....it was a very bumpy ride and it was very hot in there, which was not helping my nausea at all! Kevin and Carly brought my car and met us in the ED. Kevin stayed with me until I saw the doctor and not long after, Momma got there. I was so sick, dizzy and throwing up every few minutes. They took me for a chest xray and CT of my head, then stuck me 7 times for lab work!!! After a fluid bolus and some IV Phenergan, I was feeling much better. Mom, Dad and Kevin took turns sitting with me. I finally stopped throwing up on over in the night...and finally, Dr. Pepper came back in and told me that all of my tests were normal and that if I felt like it, I could go home. I agreed and was so glad to get out of there. In all the excitement, my shirts and shoes were left at the stadium, so I had to get surgical shoe covers to wear home! I was a site, I am sure, with my blue shoe covers, shorts covered in vomit, and Alabama tshirt that said something about "Party Time." Not a good choice on Lewis's behalf in the shape I was in! We left the hospital, Mom and I in my car and Daddy and Kevin in hers. We got onto the ramp to get on the highway and got pulled over by a policeman. Apparently, Mom didn't have her lights on and with all the street lights there by the hospital we didn't even know it. She never drives my car, and didn't even know how to turn them on for the policeman!! They had to run her liscense and all and of course this upset her because she had never been pulled over in her life until then. They let us go, finally and I think we finally got home at about 2:30 AM. I went straight to bed and left Mom, Dad and Kevin downstairs talking about the events of the night. I felt so bad that everybody missed the game, but was so glad that I was feeling a little better. Dr. Pepper said that he thought my blood sugar must have dropped....I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast yesterday and hadn't really drank anything either. You think I would know better, being a nurse myself. I woke up this morning, feeling much better. I have kept down some toast and am hoping to eat a little something else in a little bit. I am just so happy to be home and not in the dang hospital....being a nurse, you don't like being on the other side of the bed, that is for sure. Thanks to those of you who checked on me...I really appreciate it!! I'm gonna take it easy today and hope ya'll have a great Sunday! Maybe my drama will subside for a few days!!! Got to get back to the alphabet blog sometime....







I'm sorry that you couldn't handle the excitement of an ALABAMA Game!!!...Bless your heart....I wonder if it was a carry over from last week when you were sick ? ANYWHO, I'm glad you are better !!
ReplyDeleteIt was just being at a BAMA game that made you nauseous!!! Glad you feel better... WARRR EAGLEEE
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you got sick at the game.
ReplyDeleteIt's all the excitment over there -
its building every day - For the big game in November with you know who? I'll give you a hint. There final score was more like a baseball scorce than a football score. Paul Finebum said it was the worse college game he had ever
seen. ROLLLLLL TIDDDDEEEE ROLLLLLL!!
Wow! That was so drama that you had this weekend. So sorry to hear that you got so sick.
ReplyDeleteI hope your parents have recovered - sounds like they were shaken a bit too. :)