Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I is for "I"

This blog is a little bit about me...

I am Laurel Layne Elmore.
I am a christian, saved by God's grace through my faith in His son, Jesus Christ. I believe that
He came to earth to die for the sins that I commit every day so that I could be saved and spend
eternity in Heaven.
I am a Registered Nurse, practicing in the state of Alabama.
I am the daughter of Lewis Clifton Elmore, Jr. and Marilyn Kay Elmore, the two most amazing
parents in the world.
I am the girlfriend of Kevin Campbell, the love of my life and the person that I hope to spend
rest of my life with. I can't believe how lucky I am to have found him and am thankful to God
for every moment we spend together.
I am a photographer and wish that this was my professional career.
I am the aunt of three of the most beautiful children in the world....Trace, MaKenna and Jadyn
Crews and I love them with all of my heart!
I am clumsy, just ask Kevin....he's seen me try to step from a pier and into a boat enough to
know.
I am addicted to my laptop, my cell phone, purses, jewelry, anything hot pink, tshirts,
decorating and candles.
I am a self-professed, GIRLY GIRL!! (That is for you, Ms. Candi!)
I suffer from road rage...something that I wish I could change about myself.
I am very tender hearted...I cried tonight watching "America's Got Talent."
I am a member of the choir at Elmore Center Methodist Church and sing in a mass choir twice a
year which is one of my favorite times of the year.
I am obsessed with holidays...I love the big ones like Christmas, Halloween and Thanksgiving (in
that order) but I also make a big deal out of Fourth of July, birthdays, Easter, Valentine's Day..
you name it. I never realized that this was a "quirk" of mine until Kevin brought it to my
attention.
I floss my teeth several times a day...if I was stranded without dental floss, I think I'd die.
I dream of traveling a lot one day...I would love to go to New York, Japan (I would like to take
my mother here b/c it is where she was born and she hasn't been back since.), Hawaii,
Paris, Italy.....this list goes on and on.
I am the most comfortable at home or at Kevin's with a tshirt and sweats on, no makeup....
I still watch Friends and Will and Grace episodes on DVD and think there will never be shows
as great as those. I would trade American Idol anyday to see Chandler, Monica, Ross, Phoebe,
Rachel and Joey together again.....there was a Sex and the City movie...WHY NOT FRIENDS??


Any more questions about me? Leave me a message!

Ok, so I know this was a corny blog, but "I" is a really hard letter and I ran out of ideas! I hope you all are having a great week. I have officially recovered from my illness and am feeling much better. Thank you to those of you who checked on me!! I appreciate it! I worked over the weekend, and then enjoyed two wonderful days off. Yesterday, I spent the day at home and running errands in Gordo. I went to Petals to pick up something that Aunt Margaret had ordered for me and spent more than I had anticipated. All of her candles are on sale, so I picked up two. I also got a wooden pumpkin to put on Kevin's door.

Last night, Kevin and I went to Starkville, MS and ate at Mugshots. Starkville is only 45 minutes from Kevin's, which is actually closer than Tuscaloosa, and this was our first trip there together. We had a great time on the way over there at back, singing and laughing and talking. I am still amazed at what a great time we have together, a year and a half later. He is the sweetest, most considerate person I know, and I'll just say that I am so, so, so thankful that we found each other....I never thought I could be so happy!!!!

Today, Mom and I spent the day together...we had a girls day!! We delivered our 6North, Alabama and Auburn shirts to the unit, then spent the day together. We ate at Panera Bread, one of our favorite places to eat and then shopped the day away. It was so fun to spend time with her and have some "girl bonding!"

Now, it is back to work for three days and then, ALABAMA FOOTBALL!! Maybe we will play better this weekend than we did last weekend! Roll Tide, anyways!

God Bless!
Laurel

2 comments:

  1. I loved the "I is for I', some of this I knew about you and others
    I did not. Let me just say that "I"
    am so happy that you are so happy
    and very proud of you. I know you are a very sweet nurse. Mrs. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!

    By the way... I believe that are making a Friends movie. The last one to agree was Anniston and I beleive it is all in the works.

    ReplyDelete