Happy Belated Valentine's Day! I am getting really good at letting these occasions going by and blogging on them later! Imagine that...for those of you who know me very well you know that I tend to procrastinate! It is bad when you even put off your hobby! I have had such a great weekend and have been so terribly busy that tonight is the first time I have had just to sit down, put my thoughts together and share some photos with everyone.
My photos are all out of order, but I will try to make this flow.
Today, I slept in and was bad....I missed church this morning. I will say that I woke up with a sense of regret that I didn't make it and will make every effort to go next week since Amanda is working for me on Sunday. No excuses! I promise to spend extra time in bible study this week!! When I did drag myself out of my warm, cozy bed, it was nearing 11:30!! I got up, ate some breakfast and enjoyed the peace and quiet of Sunday morning. (The parents were at church.) I watched a couple of episodes of "My Fair Wedding" one of my new favorite TV shows. It comes on We, and I highly recommend you to watch it if you like weddings at all. Britni, especially you!! Then, it was time to get ready for Jodie's Tea. Her friends and family held it at Elmore-Center, my church, and I had such a great time visiting with her and her mom and some of my friends from church. Jodie looked beautiful, and I know she will make such a beautiful bride! I can't wait to stand by her on that special day. Jason is a very lucky man! They got some very nice gifts and the whole thing was just a joy.
Mom outside of the church. She looked so pretty today, that I just wanted a picture of her!
At the Tea
Jodie's ADORABLE niece, Marlaina
Mom and I gave Jodie and Jason this pewter cake plate and server.
Beautiful Bride-to-be
Me and Jodie
After the Tea, mom and I went home to change into more comfortable attire, and then decided to go take in a movie this evening. We just got home from "He's Just Not That Into You." It was great! I highly recommend it to anyone who has ever dated anybody, EVER!! Wow, did I see myself in some of the situations! I read this book when it first came out and was amazed at the honesty of it and the light it shed on my past relationships. I guess love blinds us from the truth in situations when love is at stake. Sometimes we just need to hear it from someone else. I will say that after watching it I am SO thankful that I have finally found my "happily ever after." It does have a good ending and is very funny. Plus, any chance to watch Jennifer Aniston act, is wonderful! (Sorry Mrs. Kathy) We really enjoyed it and especially loved spending the afternoon together.
Valentine's day was great! I wrapped gifts most of the morning and then took a shower and washed some clothes. After Mom got off of work, she and I went up to Shanie's to take the kids their Valentine's day surprises!
MaKenna (Notice that the frog is holding money. Mom gave them all money for Disney world.)
Trace and his funny shirt!
Jadyn
After a nice visit, I went home and got ready. I was so excited about Kevin's plans for our Valentine's day. He decided to cook dinner for me at our "future home" and us spend the night in. It had been a long time since we have done this, and I was very excited!When I got there, Kevin was in full chef mode! Note the mess! He cooked steak, catfish, hush puppies, onion rings, garlic bread, baked potatoes and ribs! Ridiculous, I know...we ate only a bite of each thing. He tends to cook WAY more than we need, every time he cooks. I think it must be a man thing. Anyways, I sat back on the porch and enjoyed the amazing weather and drank a glass of blueberry wine.

Our self portrait!
Our cute Valentine glasses!
Our beautiful Valentine table! Isn't it pretty???
What ambiance!??!
Later, we exchanged gifts. I got Kevin a hot pink Polo shirt, a gift card to Bass Pro Shops for our upcoming trip to Nashville, and four cards. I went a little nuts on the cards. I even got him one that sang "Hey Good Lookin," since he was cooking dinner for me! It was adorable. Singing cards are my favorite! Kevin got me candy, a coffee mug that has the lyrics to one of my favorite songs, a stuffed lion that purrs, and a card that sings "I Can't Help Myself." He knows I love the singing cards. Daddy also got me one that sang "My Girl." If you have never bought one, they are definitely worth the $5 odd dollars one costs. While I am talking about gifts, Mom and Dad gave us money for our honeymoon and I got a charm for my Halia bracelet. So sweet of them! But, back to my date....After dinner, we spent time together talking and laughing at each other. Then for some ridiculous reason, we decided that it would be a great idea for me to have an impromptu lesson on driving Kevin's 5 speed truck!!? Who knows, we aren't normal, that is for sure! We laughed so much that my stomach hurt on our "trip." I have to say that I was pretty proud with my abilities and Kevin never lost patience, which was a challenge I am sure! It was so much fun!
I got home after midnight and then watched some more "My Fair Wedding" with Mom. It may not be the most exciting, adventurous, or romantic Valentine's day, but it was the best one I have ever had. I guess once you find the one that you truly belong with, all the hokey Valentine stuff that you thought was so important loses value and all that matters is sharing time with the one you love. I am so thankful for Kevin and all that love that he gives me every day. I love him with all my heart and look forward to fifty or so more Valentine's days together!!! Ha!
Let me know what you did for Valentine's! Click below on "Comments" to post a comment.







Now I have forgotten everything I wanted to comment about! Let's see....the pictures are great!! I appreciate that little plug for Jennifer Aniston. After all, she is WAY better than Angelina the homewrecker! (Sorry Mom!) Glad you two had a fun and loving Valentine's day.
ReplyDelete