Monday, February 9, 2009

A Baby Changes Everything!

Welcome to the world, Cooper Pate Campbell! My brand new nephew was born yesterday morning, and I am such a proud aunt! Little Cooper is about a month early, so he surprised us with his "early arrival!" What a wonderful surprise! Brittany called me at about 10:30 Saturday night and told me that her water had broken and she was on her way to the hospital. I had to work Sunday, so I stayed at home and tossed and turned all night, until I finally got up at about 4 am and went on to the hospital. Brittany started pushing shortly after 7 and baby Cooper was here in about 30 minutes! He was 5 lbs. and 4 oz. and 18 inches long! A tiny bundle of joy! I could not be any happier for Brittany and Michael and am so happy to be an aunt to this beautiful baby boy! I went downstairs to see Brittany right after the delivery and I have to say, she did wonderful. I had to work until 3, so I ran back and forth all day to check on her and Cooper and visit, plus try to take care of my seven patients. Luckily I had a great team, so it was easy to make frequent trips down to the third floor! Brittany seems like a natural already, and Michael hasn't stopped smiling since the birth. I asked him if he felt like a "Daddy" and he said, "I'm not sure if I feel like a Daddy, but this is absolutely amazing!!" I am so happy for the two of them and can't wait to watch them start this amazing part of their lives together. Kevin and I are going back to the hospital to visit tonight, and I can't wait to hold him again!! Look for more pictures soon! Please keep them in your prayers!

Right after Cooper's birth.
The happy couple!
Baby Cooper!!!!
Such a happy Mom!

What a beautiful family!

I loved this picture!
Aunt Britni
Aunt Laurel (I have a gown on because I had been taking care of patients all day and didn't want to expose Cooper to any germies!)
Proud new Aunt!
Yea Daddy!!
Chowing down!

Awww...



Look at that hair!

Cute hat!!! We dressed him up after everybody left!
Father,
be with Brittany and Michael as they welcome Cooper into the world and into their family.
I ask you to watch over them
and keep them safe as they leave the hospital and travel home to begin
their lives together. I ask you to
bless Baby Cooper as we continue to watch him grow and change. I also ask
for all the health and happiness that this family deserves
and that you remind them daily
that we are all here to help them
and experience each joyful moment with them.
Help them to enjoy this amazing time and keep you first in their lives.
Thank you for this and all the many blessings in our lives.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new baby! Seeing Britney w/ her precious baby boy reminds me that I'm not far behind her of having my lil' girl. I hope everything continues to go well for the 3 of them and that God will continue to bless them everyday.

    ReplyDelete