Monday, February 2, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Yes, you read the title of this post right, "Merry Christmas!!" That is a nod to one of my dearest friends, and my best friend's mother, Kathy Trull. As most of you know, Britni Carver Nicholson and I have been best friends for years. I met her when I was in the third grade and I liked her brother. He was what I consider to be my first "real" boyfriend. For some reason, Britni's mom, Kathy and my mom decided it would be a good idea to send me home from school with their family and my boyfriend at the time one day. Little did I know, our relationship wouldn't last, but I would make friendships that would last a lifetime. I have experienced so much with their family and consider them to be some of the most wonderful friends I have ever known. Mrs. Kathy has always been like another mother to me and has always been there to share in the good and bad experiences that life has brought me. My engagement was no exception. The first time I saw her after I got my ring was several days later. I was at Tresses having my hair done, and she came in to talk to us. We chatted about Christmas (our favorite topic) and the goings on of the day. I was watching her as she talked to me thinking, "She is going to realize at any minute now that I am engaged." Finally, after several minutes of conversation, she screamed, "Oh, Oh!!!" Then she ran over and started hugging me!!! Her reaction was one of the best ones I got throughout the whole experience. We talked through tears and she looked at my ring and told me how happy she was for me. Luckily, Mom had her camera in her purse and in true Marilyn Elmore style, whipped it out and starting snapping pictures of this precious moment for us. I am so lucky to have the Trull family in my life and am thrilled that they will get to share in this wonderful experience with me. I LOVE YOU MRS. KATHY and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
A hug from Mrs. Kathy...note the foil in my hair!!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for that sweet
    post. It made my Birthday very special. I have so many happy memories of all the times that you and Britni and Bradley spent together and the vacations we went on and all the things we did, some times happy and some sad. I am so proud that all of you are so happy and leading amazing lives. So many good memories and so many more great memories to make. I can't wait. Love you lots, Kathy

    ReplyDelete