

Wow, has my weekend been busy...spent Friday night with Kevin, catching up on our week. Got up early Saturday and went to pick up MaKenna for the day. We had soooo much fun together. We went to Bow Regards which she affectionately called "The Princess Store" and bought a tiara that she wore all day long (even in McDonalds), lip gloss, rings and bracelets for her and Jadyn and a wallet with a frog on it for Trace. Then we went to McDonalds, though I diligently tried to talk her out of it, to no avail. She sat there in the booth beside me, tiara high atop her head and ate a whopping 2 chicken nuggets and 10 fries at the most and then announced that she was ready to go...too excited to eat I guess. Then, we went to Snow Hinton park and played on the playground until we got too hot. Finally, she just HAD to go to Walmart. She helped me pick out fruit for the shower I attended that night and of course, talked me into buying flip flops for all three of them that light up, Hannah Montana outfits for the girls and Spiderman for Trace and glitter cell phones for all three. It was a priceless, yet expensive day!! This was the first time the three of them had been seperated like this for the day and they did very well. Jadyn spent the day with Mother and Trace with his Pop and Grandma. Shanie did some girl shopping with some of her friends. It was a very special day and I won't forget it for the rest of my life.
Once I got home and listened with intent to the stories the other two had to tell, I had to run....I had to help host Kristin's "Around the House" shower at Mrs. Nancy Fair's house. We had a great time talking and reminiscing as we always do when we get together. Kristin, Jill and I sat in the kitchen for the longest talking about crazy times from our childhood and teenage years. It is sad how the time flies! This is such an exciting time for Kristin and I am so happy for her and Jesse!
After the shower, I went to Kevin's and spent some time with him and Jonathan. We had fun talking and watching tv together. I was so excited to see him that I smiled the entire time I was there. We have been scattered this weekend, and I am looking forward to spending some "quality time" with him tonight. He is coming over to eat with me and my parents after while. Yea!!!
I hope you all enjoyed my rambling. Take care and have a great week.
Laurel







No comments:
Post a Comment