Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I AM BACK!!!

Hello all of you out there in blogland. I have not posted in a while, due to a VERY hectic schedule lately!!! I hope to get back to blogging....I am amazed at how much I miss it!! I am going to start on this weekend and move backwards over the next couple of blogs....one of them you won't want to miss....so be sure to check back soon.
I worked on Saturday, and then on Sunday, I was put on call!!! :-) I was very excited about this because we had our Gaither-style singing at church that night. I have been excited about this for a couple of months and it turned out to be a great success. The program was entitled "Holy Highway." It featured lots of solos as well as lots of choir music. We invited the congregation to stay for snacks afterward and we had such a great time of fellowship. You could definitely feel the presence of the Lord with us. I can't wait until we get to do it again!
Aunt Robin and Carly Jo
Shanie, Randall and the kids came to support us. We love you guys so much!
Jodie and her beautiful niece, Marlaina
We were so thankful for those in our church who worked so hard preparing food and decorating the fellowship hall for this special evening.
Mom catching up with Mrs. Joyce
Jadyn
Me and Carly
Mom and me....I think she looks so beautiful in this picture!
Sunday, after we got the fellowship hall cleaned up, we went up to Shanie and Randall's to get the kids. Shanie was scheduled for surgery on Monday morning. We got the kids settled in and then I was back up the next morning at 4:15 to head to the hospital.
Shanie's beautiful pedicure and TED hose!
Anesthesiology starts her IV.
Success!
Me and her right before they took her back to the O.R.
Surgery lasted for 5 very long hours, followed by 2 hours in recovery. When she was finally settled in her room and in a WHOLE LOT of pain, it was time for my unit meeting on 6North and doctor's appointment. When I finally got home, the kids were excited to see me. We played, colored and ate supper. After brushing our teeth, I read them a bedtime story, Trace's pick...which was "Sleeping Beauty." He is obsessed with this story for some reason. I think it is the sweetest thing. I came back over to the hospital this morning at about 7:30 and have been here since then. Randall went home to take care of the kids and give Mom a break, and I am staying here and "nursing the sick." Thank you all so much for your prayers for Shanie. Please continue to remember her as she continues to heal. We hope to go home tomorrow, but are not sure yet if that will happen.
I hope to post again later tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned and God bless!













1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back!!!! Hope Shanie is doing well. Tell her I am praying for her!

    ReplyDelete