Happy Easter!!! (Sorry this post is a day late, I fell asleep while I was trying to post this last night!) I had such a wonderful Easter Sunday, and hope you all did, too. Our day started off with sunrise service at our church, followed by breakfast in our fellowship hall. Our service was wonderful!!! Our pastor, Nancy Cole, did an amazing job on her sermon and truly captured the essence of the day! She left me with one thought that kept running through my head...she said that in life, there will always be Good Fridays, but that if we believe and are patient, that God promises us Easter Sundays to follow. Isn't that a powerful promise?
After service, we had breakfast in the fellowship hall, prepared by some of the men of the church while the rest of us were enjoying the service.
The "cooks" : Daddy, Sonny Byars, Richard Champion and Uncle Charles.
Our pastor, Nancy Cole and her husband, Steve Cole before the service started.
I made this photo of Mrs. Bennie Sue's music before the service started....I love this song and she and Mrs. Elaine did a wonderful job playing it.
Mrs. Bennie's hands....always playing for the Lord.
Mrs. Nancy admiring our cross before the service started.
Daddy cooking breakfast!! Chef Louie!!!
Mom taking a break from the kitchen.
Our beautiful cross made from all white flowers brought yesterday by the members of the congregation.
After our service, Mom and I went to Shanie's to see the kids before church. Shanie asked me to follow them to the Baptist Church for pictures of them before they went to Sunday school.Jadyn, Trace, MaKenna and Connor before Sunday school.
Shanie and the kids.
When we got home from Shanie's, mom told me that the Easter Bunny had brought me a basket!!! This is me with my Easter basket I have had since I was a little bitty girl.

All my fun Easter presents!!! My favorites were the Paula Deen cookbook and the Barnes and Noble gift card!
On their way to our house after church, we met Shanie, Randall and the kids for pictures with our cross. Shanie looked so beautiful yesterday!!!
Shanie and Randall
The kids.

MaKenna...personally, I think this is the best picture I have ever seen of her. She usually does not cooperate for photos!!! She looked so pretty!
Jadyn was gorgeous!
Handsome little man!
The kids with their Easter baskets me and Uncle Kevin gave them! (Uncle Kevin is not present in any of the pictures, because he was sick with bronchitis.)
With their baskets from Narnie and Unk.
After dinner, we Shanie and I hid eggs for the kids. Let me say that it is a lot more fun to hunt them, than to hide them!!! We hid a little over 100 and it seemed like it took forever!!!
Shanie and the kids.
When we got home from Shanie's, mom told me that the Easter Bunny had brought me a basket!!! This is me with my Easter basket I have had since I was a little bitty girl.
All my fun Easter presents!!! My favorites were the Paula Deen cookbook and the Barnes and Noble gift card!
On their way to our house after church, we met Shanie, Randall and the kids for pictures with our cross. Shanie looked so beautiful yesterday!!!
Shanie and Randall
The kids.
MaKenna...personally, I think this is the best picture I have ever seen of her. She usually does not cooperate for photos!!! She looked so pretty!
Jadyn was gorgeous!
Handsome little man!
The kids with their Easter baskets me and Uncle Kevin gave them! (Uncle Kevin is not present in any of the pictures, because he was sick with bronchitis.)
With their baskets from Narnie and Unk.
After dinner, we Shanie and I hid eggs for the kids. Let me say that it is a lot more fun to hunt them, than to hide them!!! We hid a little over 100 and it seemed like it took forever!!!Trace found one!!!
MaKenna and Trace
MaKenna with a pink egg!
Trace's basket full of eggs!
Jadyn found the prize egg!!! She had to have a little help reaching it!!!
Shanie was exhausted after all the egg hiding!!!
As our "halftime entertainment," Mom did her senior year tryout routine for us with a yard stick!!!! It was hilarious, but I have to say, she did a pretty good job!!!
Shanie tried to steal her thunder with her jump rope!
But, the show continued.....


The kids with their easter basket pinata! Randall kept pulling it up when they would swing, God bless them!! We were all laughing so hard as we watched from the porch.
Still tying hard...
Shanie finally had to beat it on the ground to bust it!
Us being silly!
Mom taking silly pictures!
Silliness!
MaKenna and Trace
MaKenna with a pink egg!
Booty shot!
Trace's basket full of eggs!
Jadyn found the prize egg!!! She had to have a little help reaching it!!!
Shanie was exhausted after all the egg hiding!!!
As our "halftime entertainment," Mom did her senior year tryout routine for us with a yard stick!!!! It was hilarious, but I have to say, she did a pretty good job!!!
Shanie tried to steal her thunder with her jump rope!
But, the show continued.....

The kids with their easter basket pinata! Randall kept pulling it up when they would swing, God bless them!! We were all laughing so hard as we watched from the porch.
Still tying hard...
Shanie finally had to beat it on the ground to bust it!
Us being silly!
Jadyn taking it easy in the grass...
Mom taking silly pictures!
Silliness!
"When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so they could embalm him. Very early on Sunday morning, as the sun rose, they went to the tomb. They worried out loud to each other, "Who will roll back the stone from the tomb for us?" Then they looked up, saw that it had been rolled back, and walked right in. They saw a young man sitting on the right side, dressed all in white. They were completely taken aback, astonished. He said, "Don't be afraid. I know you're looking for Jesus the Nazarene, the One they nailed on the cross. He's been raised up; he's here no longer. You can see for yourselves that the place is empty." Mark 16:1-6 (taken from The Message)
Happy Easter everyone! God bless you all!!!







Loved all the Easter pictures. The kids are adorable, Tell Shanie she looked beautiful in that white
ReplyDeletedress. I did not see your easter dress. Loved the picture of Marilyn twirling the yardstick, and tell Lewis he makes a very handsome chef, I bet we could get him a guest spot on Paula Dean. Thanks for sharing your family and your love of Jesus with me. Love, Mrs. Kathy
Loved all the Easter picutes. Looks like you all had a fun time. :)
ReplyDelete