Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Nurses Week!!



Happy Nurses Week!!! For those of you who weren't aware that it was Nurses Week, this post is for you. This week is set aside to honor nurses for their hard work, compassion, and dedication to the field of nursing. We have had several days of education, games, and prizes at work this week to celebrate. We ended the week today with a pizza party on our unit. Due to my diet, I didn't get to partake in the pizza, but enjoyed eating lunch with my boss and some of my coworkers. I would like to honor the nurses that I work with in this blog entry and tell them what a wonderful asset they are to DCH and to our community. I work with an amazing group of people and am honored to call 6 North my home. I have been nursing now for 5 years, and even though there are days that I hate my job (I think we all do from time to time.) it is a very rewarding and touching job. I am thankful for the ability and opportunity to help people in our community and to make a difference in the lives of my patients. God bless nurses!!!

I also wanted to include an update for my readers. My grandma is still about the same. My dad made the difficult decision to move in a hospital bed today and agree to putting a catheter in her. She also has oxygen available if it is needed down the road. I went with my dad to see her tonight before dinner. She is so weak that you can barely understand her speech and is refusing to eat much of anything. I prayed over her and asked God to keep her comfortable until it was time for Him to call her home. I know only He knows when that time will be, so our hope and prayer is that from now until then, she will be at peace and know that she is loved. Please continue to keep her in your prayers, as well as my Dad as he is still having a hard time with this.

Shanie came home from the hospital today and is doing wonderful!!! I am so thankful to each of you who have texted, emailed, facebooked (is that a word?) or called to check on her. I have passed on every message and concern to her and she is very grateful as well. I went up tonight to see her and help her get a shower and change her dressing. She was in great spirits and was so happy to be home with her babies!!! Please continue to pray for her healing.

Jodi is doing well. I went to see her yesterday after surgery, and she was great. I excited to see her all dressed up with her "new additions!" =)

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow. I will be off early in the morning to do some Mother's Day shopping. Wish me luck, I have no idea what to get!!! God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your grandmother, Mr. Lewis and the entire family. Hope you had a Happy Nurses Week, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Nurses Week! Thanks for all that you do for your patients at DCH.

    ReplyDelete