Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Prayer Requests

Everyone, please keep my grandmother, Doris Elmore in your prayers this week. She was admitted to the hospital on Sunday night with severe anemia and metabolic acidosis and is on my floor being treated at this time. She is my dad's mother and is the sweetest thing! She is also suffering from some confusion, so my dad is staying with her at night and some during the day when my uncle isn't there. Please keep him in your prayers as well. She received two units of blood last night, but still is very weak and has a long way to go. My family would definitely appreciate your prayers for her and my dad.

Please keep the Orr family in your prayers as well, due to a fatal car accident that happened on yesterday in Palmetto. From what I understand, one of the children died in the accident after being thrown from the vehicle they were in and the others are being treated at DCH and in Birmingham. I will keep you posted on any new information I get about their conditions.

Last, but not least, we met a family in the emergency room on Sunday that I would also like to ask for prayer for. William Langford from Caledonia, MS was in the room with my grandmother and was very sick. He is being treated for congestive heart failure and COPD while his wife is wheelchair bound and suffers from Alzheimer's disease and a inoperable cardiac tumor. They were the nicest family and I told them I would ask for prayer for their family as well. You never know when you are going to run across such nice people that need a helping hand, too.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers for my family, as well as those who I have listed. May God bless each of you this week and remind you to be thankful for the health and happiness that so many of us take for granted. Remember to tell those that you love how much they mean to you TODAY!

1 comment:

  1. Praying!!!! Keep us updated on everything! I was so sad last night after hearing about that terrible car accident. I added your grandmother to my prayer requests page, also.

    ReplyDelete