
For the letter D, I had to pick the word, Daddy. Everyone who knows me knows that I am not necessarily a Daddy or a Momma's girl...I favor each of them in different ways. I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such wonderful parents and I have learned so much from each of them (and still am). My Daddy has to be the strongest man I know. He is a tower of strength for our family and is always the one we lean on when something is wrong. He is a great listener and I love sitting in our livingroom (each of us in our respective chairs) talking about life, our problems, whatever. Those times I will remember for the rest of my life. He is the provider for our family, and I feel like I get my sense of ambition from him. He has built a business from the ground up that has earned respect from contractors all over central Alabama. He is one of the most soft hearted people I have ever known and would give a stranger the shirt off of his back if they needed it worse than him. He has devoted time to helping those in need locally through donations and has donated cabinets and furniture to a house last year for Habitat for Humanity. We have the best time when we are together and enjoy lots of the same things. We love Alabama football, the beach, and I guess most passionately, we share our love for music. I remember as a little girl, sitting in his lap in the floor in front of our stereo, while he played Ronnie Milsap, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Animals, Elvis, Ricky Skaggs, the Doobie Brothers and the Eagles....just to name a few. I still love to hear the songs he would play to this day and all of them are on my ipod. I guess hearing him sing and singing along with him started my love for singing. We still get in the car, crank up and duet and belt it out! These are some of the memories we share. This space isn't big enough to express my love, gratitude and respect for my Daddy. He is one of the biggest blessings in my life and I hope one day I grow to be as great of a parent as he has been to me. I love you, Daddy!!
I am off to Walmart and then to clean at Pine Grove!! We haven't cleaned the house in two weeks!!!! I have a lot of dust and dirt ahead of me! Hope you all have a great Wednesday!
I am off to Walmart and then to clean at Pine Grove!! We haven't cleaned the house in two weeks!!!! I have a lot of dust and dirt ahead of me! Hope you all have a great Wednesday!







That is very sweet! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet story about Mr. Lewis!! He is such a sweet man! I didn't know about his Habitat for Humanity contribution - that's awesome!
ReplyDelete