Sunday, July 20, 2008

B is for "Bing"


So I am on my way to Kevin's today, excited to spend Saturday night with him, buzzing along down Highway 86. I was listening to the usual music I do on a drive to his house...Brad Paisley to be exact. I decided to channel surf and see what else was on and absent mindedly I stumbled across 96.5. Through the speakers of my 4Runner came the beautiful voice I know oh so well and really enjoy only two or three months out of the year... "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...with every Christmas card I write...may your days be merry and bright and may all your Christmases be white...." A huge smile burst across my face as I sang along to what has become my favorite Christmas song by Bing Crosby. I know a lot of you are thinking, "What is she talking about?" I had found Magic 96.5's "Christmas in July." For those of you who think I am crazy, try listening to it....it will put you in a wonderful mood. Now I am ready to bake cookies, put up the tree and wrap a gift or two!!! Thank God for songs that can brighten your day as much as this one did mine. Poor Kevin spent the rest of the day and tonight listening to and occasionally singing along with me to nothing but Christmas music!!! Thanks Bing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment