Tuesday, July 22, 2008
C is for "Chinatown"
I had the opportunity to go on a 2 day trip to Atlanta Sunday and Monday with Momma and Aunt Margaret. The previoius weekend, Mom, Aunt Margaret and Ms. Albright went over to Atlanta to buy some things for Petals. Some of the time they spent in Chinatown buying purses and jewelry. The things they bought and put into the store started selling so well, they wanted to take a trip back to get some more. So, we left Sunday morning at 6 am and drove over to Doraville, GA, which is right on the outskirts of Atlanta. We spent the day shopping in Chinatown which is a community of little stores that specialize in costume jewelry, luggage, purses and wallets. This was heaven for me!!! The only problem we had was that most of the stores weren't air conditioned and boy was I thankful for the one we went in that was!! It was so much fun and I got some of the neatest jewelry and a few really cute purses. After a hot and exhausting day of shopping, we went to eat at one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta, "PapaDeaux." I got this really great crawfish and blackened shrimp foudeaux. It was really good. I also got a drink called a swampthing that was amazing! It is such a pretty restaurant and the food is just great! If you are ever close to one I recommend it highly. We drove on in to Atlanta after dinner and checked in to our terrible motel room! It was a Days Inn right outside of downtown Atlanta. To say the least, the place was very dirty, stained walls, bathtub that leaked into the hallway, towel with hair in it...I could go on and on and on....but we toughed it out and got some rest. The next morning we went to AmericasMart downtown (or Market) and I got the cutest black and white polka dot flats with a hot pink L on them and a houndstooth purse. We headed back home right after lunch. Now, I have to start unpacking and putting all my new stuff up. We are planning a trip back soon. I can't wait!! I hope you all had a great weekend, I know I did. Click below to leave me a comment about what you did this weekend, I would love to hear from you all!! God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment