Sunday, February 7, 2010

Plans and Prayers

Good morning everyone! Once again, here I am after midnight, unable to sleep! Maybe I should try not to sleep quite so late!!! I haven't been feeling well, but am a little better tonight, so I thought I would say hi. The only time I have been out of the house was a "necessity" trip to the Dollar General today. Blah. I hope I am feeling back to normal tomorrow and can get a little more accomplished.

I am starting a new project. Since becoming a newlywed, I have struggled with keeping things "in order." I guess it is partly changing from only having to worry about myself to now worrying about two of us as well as the move to the new house. I just always feel a little scattered. I was reading my friend Amy's facebook today and she made reference to her "Brooker Binder." I laughed and thought that is EXACTLY what I need......A BINDER!!! I picked up a black binder, colored tabs and notebook paper and one of my goals for my days off is to GET ORGANIZED!!! I'll let you know how that comes out!!!

Also, I am looking forward to going to see "Dear John" and "Valentine's Day." I hope I can make time to see BOTH of them this week!!!
On another note, I have two new prayer requests as well as updates on some of the others I have mentioned lately.



My dear friend Susan Simpson has not been well lately. She is having some stomach issues and is being seen by a specialist in Birmingham to help better diagnose and treat her. Please pray for her as she faces her future appointments and testing. I love you, SuSu!
Secondly, please pray for Mrs. Octavia Green. She is from Gordo and she and her husband have been special friends of our family for as long as I can remember. I ran into them in town today and she told me that she had been suffering from shingles for several months now. She said that there were lots of days that the pain had been so bad that she couldn't get out of bed. She is such a sweet lady. Please keep her in your prayers as well.
MaKenna is doing better. She will hopefully go back to school on Monday. Thanks for your prayers for her and please continue to remember her.
My Grandmother, Ruby, is doing better as well. After being diagnosed with a urinary tract infection, she has been in the hospital on antibiotics for several days. Her confusion has gotten some better, but it still looks as though we will have to bring her home with 24 hour care. Please remember not only her, but also my Mom and my Aunt Joyce as they make decisions regarding her care.
God bless!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Girl! So glad you are feeling a little better. I haven't been feeling well either so I've been doing a few "inside projects", like my binder. =) I can just picture yours! Is it hot pink?! =) haha I love that you have so much color in your life! It definitely makes the world a happier place! I love it! I will definitely keep all your prayer requests in my heart. Hope you have a great day Laurel! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon!!! I will be praying for all of those people you mentioned!! I can't believe that about the binder - you are going to flip when you see my post for today! I'm SO excited about everything and sharing this special time with you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete