Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Favorite Wedding Present....


This photo was made on my wedding day. For those of you who may not know Britni, she is my best friend. She has been a part of my life for twenty years and means the world to me. I had the honor of being her maid of honor at her wedding and she was sweet enough to me my matron of honor in mine. I wanted to share the story behind this picture with you all because it means so much to me. Britni and her husband Justin have struggled with infertility for a little over two years. I watched as they continued to try month after month, doctor appointment after doctor appointment and felt such hope for my friend. She kept such a positive attitude through it all and remained steadfast in her faith that everything happens in God's timing. She told me a couple of months ago during one of our phone conversations that she had turned the situation completely over to God and had a strong sense of peace about it. On my wedding day, a the beauty salon amid the hustle and bustle of the biggest day of my life thus far, she called me into the kitchen and closed the door behind her. She stood there silently and I knew immediately....she was pregnant. My wonderful day full of such joy and happiness now meant something even more than it had when I woke up that morning. I hugged her repeatedly and we both cried and then pulled it together to go face everyone in the beauty shop, as she wasn't spreading the news to everyone just yet. I had such a wonderful day, marrying the man of my dreams and beginning my "happily ever after" but even in my own joy, I felt an overwhelming happiness for my best friend and this sweet miracle just beginning to grow in her belly. I asked my photographer, Mrs. Jessica Messer to sneak a photo of she and I together to celebrate the moment and this is the result. I cried the first time I saw it, just as I did when Britni first told me her news. What a testament to God's perfect timing and love. I couldn't be happier for Britni and her husband, Justin and I ask that you keep them in your prayers.
Father,
Thank you for Britni and her lifelong friendship. Thank you for her faith in You and for the Christian example she is to those around her. I pray that You watch over Britni, Justin and their growing baby with the care that only You can. Keep Britni and the baby healthy and happy. Remind Britni and Justin to keep You first, not only in their lives, but also as they start their new life with this precious blessing. I pray that Britni would feel Your love and protection as the days go by and feels Your guidance as she prepares to become a Mommy. Thank You for Your love for them and for allowing me to be a part of this miracle. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Laurel: Ok, now I have read ALOT of sweet things in my almost 30 years and I do mean ALOT! But never I have EVER read something so genuine, so heartfelt, so sincere....until I read this post.

    Laurel I know how close you and Britni are, as do so many other people. And this post just grips at your heartstrings girl! First of all I absolutely LOVE the picture and the fact that Britni was able to share such special news with you on your wedding day! That is an unbelievable moment that the two of you will always remember!

    I can't tell you how unbelievably happy and excited I felt when Britni told me she was pregnant! I was SO truly happy for her and Justin! But then when I read her post on her blog where she publicly announced that she was expecting and made public her struggle to get pregant....well I had tears just rolling down my face the entire time I read it. But I have to say that your post has just topped that! God Bless you for your dedication to Britni and your unfailing friendship to her all these years! Not too many people can have the blessing of a humble, Godly, best friend that they can always count on! You and Britni are both SO blessed to have each other! I just sat here and bawled my eyes out as I read this post and kept glancing back at the picture. That was SO very sweet of your photographer to sweetly join in and help cature this special time in all of your lives. Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow!

    You are such a precious person Laurel and this post shows that! God Bless You for your witness to others and your unfailing friendship! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet!!! Thank you so much!! You are the best!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And THANK YOU for your prayers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written! I think you two are the epitome of how friendship should be! =D
    - Jacob Carver

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post and a beautiful friendship the two of you share! It is rare that you find two friends that are like you and Britni!

    ReplyDelete