Thursday, January 28, 2010

List of things...

Ok so I got the idea for this blog post from my best friend, Britni! I thought it was a great idea to share with you guys some of the things that have been on my mind lately. For some of them, I included photos!
1. As a lot of you know, my sweet baby girl, MaKenna Layne, had a tonsillectomy on Wednesday morning. I have a ton of pictures of this process (my camera is at my parents) that I will be sharing when I am off next week. She did VERY well and I could not be prouder of her. Please keep her in your prayers as she continues to recover. She will hopefully be able to go back to school by the end of next week. Lots of slushies in our future between now and then!


2. Libby is back in the hospital. This Thursday will be two weeks, and at that time she will find out if she can come home or if she has to stay. Please keep her in your prayers as she is missing a lot of things here at home that she was looking forward to. I am so proud to call her my friend! Hang in there Libby! I love you!!!!


3. I am VERY excited about "celebrating" Valentines Day this year, since this is my first year as Kevin's wife!!!! I say "celebrating" in quotations because we actually have to work 12 hours on Valentines Day so we will be celebrating on the following Monday. I have a couple of surprises up my sleeve and can't wait to get things under way!!! I am so thankful that God has put such love for Kevin in my heart and I am so thankful to call him mine!

4. This picture says it ALL! Work has been horrendous this week!!! I am not sure if it is the full moon or what, but I cannot wait for a break from the madness on Monday! Due to confidentiality issues, I cannot explain why, but I ask for prayer for a special patient of ours from each of you. Her situation has been on my heart since I met her and I ask that you join me in my prayer that God heals her physically and emotionally. She has had a very tough time and I would appreciate your prayers for her.



5. On a happier note, I have become OBSESSED with cupcakes. Not eating them (thank goodness) but collecting things with cupcakes on them! They are my new favorite obsession! Ask Kevin....I have been driving him CRAZY with it! Recent additions to my cupcake collection are a cute cupcake kitchen towel that is turquoise and hot pink for our kitchen (in the dollar section at Target if anyone is interested), cupcake dinner napkins, cupcake pajama pants (from Walmart), cupcake thank you notes and cupcake return address labels!!! Poor Kevin, he is such a good sport to all my craziness!!! He probably feels overrun by cupcakes!!!!! If you find any good cupcake items, let me know!!


6. My pastor and friend, Nancy Cole has a reed diffuser in her guest bath that I love to smell. I mentioned it to her when I was visiting once and she told me that it was lavender scented. I honestly don't know if I have ever smelled lavender before that time, but I LOVE it now!!!! She is just the sweetest thing (and was probably tired of hearing me talk about it) and was thoughtful enough to get me one of my own. I also purchased homemade lavender soap from Anna Kate & Co. and love it as well. I think it is a great scent for the bathroom. Such a clean, relaxing smell.
7. Dreading the dentist on Monday. Have to have a cavity filled and two silver fillings replaced with white ones. Ugh. Just ruins that first day off!!!
8. Loving my new blog makeover!!! Thanks to Danielle, The Design Girl for our new, MARRIED look! I couldn't be happier with her work and highly recommend her to any of you who blog! She does an amazing job and is fast as well! See her link to the right of the page! Thanks Danielle!!!
Well, I have cooked supper, cleaned the kitchen, washed the clothes, took a bath and blogged. Quite an eventful couple of hours if I do say so myself. I am off to bed....work comes early in the morning, and trust me, if things aren't much better, I will need ALL of my strength to make it 24 of the next 48 hours!!!
Remember our prayer requests in this blog and God bless!

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome! I have to say -- this design turned out so well! I love it!!!

    Congrats again on your wedding! I cannot wait to see all that God has in store for you.

    Thanks for continuing to work with me. It has been so great working with you.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete