Thursday, March 4, 2010

Whew.....what a week!

Ok, so I am going to start this post off with a little whining, and then some happiness at the end....I try not to do "pity posts" but my week has not been great....maybe talking about it will make me feel better. I guess the craziness started on Tuesday. I was so excited that Kevin decided to take a day of vacation and spend the day with me!!! We went to handle a little "business" which hopefully I will be able to share with you a little later this week! After that, we went to Bass Pro Shops in Leeds, AL. This is one of Kevin's favorite stores, so I was glad that we got to go. I have to admit I like shopping in there, too....though I didn't find anything to buy. After that, we headed to my favorite store in the world (that is often mentioned in my blog), Swoozies!!! I got lots of cute things for Britni and the baby and got Kevin a prize, too! Next, we went to Home Goods....this is my second fav store! I got lots of cute stuff for our house, some glittery thank you notes, a birthday cake candle, and a prize for Mrs. Kathy. =) We finished the night off with dinner at Cracker Barrel!! I woke up the next morning to call from my doctor reporting an abnormal test result (nothing major) which is going to require an outpatient procedure in a couple of weeks. After this, I took my car to get an estimate on having it fixed (from when I backed into Kevin's truck right before the wedding) and was shocked to find out I had done $2500.00 worth of damage to it!!! Thank God for insurance!!! To top things off, I get up this morning to find my check engine, CSV and maintenance light on on my car!!! I had to wind up driving my Mom's car to work and my car is checking into the Toyota shop tomorrow.... :( It has been a rough few days, but I hope things will slow down a little for my six days off!
On a happier note, I have a lot to look forward to coming up, which does brighten my "pity post" a little bit. I got the wonderful news from Britni tonight that they will be naming their baby boy, "Noah Bradley Nicholson!" I love it and couldn't be happier for them! I can't wait to have baby Noah something monogrammed!!! I am looking very forward to a trip to Mobile to visit with Britni soon! I miss her so much and can't wait to hug her and talk to little man. I have to get him familiar with his Aunt Laurel's voice!!

I am also looking forward to girl's day out with Jill on Saturday! We are going to Cottontail's in Birmingham! I am thrilled....this is one of my favorite events of the year and I can't wait to spend some quality time with Jill!!! More retail therapy!!
Please continue to remember Britni and Justin in your prayers as they get closer to welcoming their sweet new addition. I also ask you to remember Hayden Dyer who has the flu this week and has had recent surgery as well as my grandmother and her caregivers! Thanks and God Bless!



2 comments:

  1. I will pray for you and hope you have a great 6 days off. Sounds like you and Kevin had fun in B'ham. Thank you for the sweet post about baby Noah and remembering Britni, Justin, and Noah in your prayers. My mind is working overtime on that "business"
    ya'll took care off. I love you lots. Everytime I see a cupcake I think of you. Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the visit!!!!! I am praying for you and I hope your weekend is a great one! Noah is going to love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete