It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....EVERYWHERE YOU GO!!!! And I love it!!! How blessed is my life right in this moment? How thankful to God am I for everything He has done for me! It is my favorite time of year, as most of you know and so I always take time to reflect on things I am thankful for. With all of the destruction, war and horrible things going on in the world, I stop today to thank God for my simple, wonderful life. I have an amazing family, friends who love and care for me, a job I enjoy (most days :-) ), a incredible fiance who I have the rest of my life to look forward to spending the rest of my life with, and freedom to worship the God that I love. Christmas is truly a wonderful time of the year...
In the spirit of the season...a lot has been going on...let me share a little bit of my Christmas spirit with you, my blog readers!!
Kevin, Mother and I rode around and looked at Christmas lights after dinner tonight. I have to admit that there weren't a lot to look at in Gordo, but we listened to Christmas music and had a great time talking anyway. Mom made the picture below (with the wreath around my neck) before we left...I don't know what is up with my hair!?! Kevin and I made plans next week to go to Columbus or Tuscaloosa to try and see some better displays!! It was fun spending time together though...
Below are the pictures I made of my decorations outside of Kevin's house....I was so proud of them...until I saw Mom's...hers is even better than I could have imagined. I will post pictures of it soon!!! I still love mine, no matter how many times the boxes blow over and we have to pick them up.




The last few are from Jodie's "Celebration Shower" we had at my house. Mom, Jill, Kristin and I hosted the shower on Friday night. Jodie got gifts to help her and Jason celebrate their first year of marriage together. It was so much fun. My celebration was "New Years Eve" and I gave her champagne, two champagne glasses, party supplies and a nightie (pictured below). Mom had "Date Night" and she got her a movie gift card, candy, a mini blanket to take to the movies, and a "date purse." She got some really neat gifts and we had a great time. Mom did a wonderful job decorating the house and we had Christmas cookies and candy...it was a blast. I enjoyed taking to Jodie, Joyce, Jill, Pam, Jamie, Ms. Homan, Tara, Ms. Peggy and Leah. I think we did more talking than anything!!!



Spending time with the people I love and having great experiences like these remind me how blessed I am. I am not worthy of all that God has done for me...Remember to tell those you love this holiday season how much they mean to you and spend time together, doing things you enjoy. God bless and Merry Christmas!!







Your decorations are awesome! Jodie's shower sounds like lots of fun, too! I am thankful for YOU!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI just caught up on all you have been doing and I got tired just reading this blog. Boy, have you been busy. I love the Christmas door decorations. That picture of you with the snowman like Britni's made me laugh. Ya'll really seem attached to those snowmen. Thanks for the picture Christmas Cards, I loved all of them. Kathy
ReplyDelete