Wednesday, November 12, 2008

E is for "ENGAGED!!!"

I saved the letter "E" from the alphabet blog for a day just like this one!!! That's right, Kevin asked me to marry him on Monday, November 10th, 2009!! I will let the pictures below tell the story....I am the happiest girl in the world!



Kevin asked me to go fishing with him on Monday to Eutaw, AL, one of our favorite places to spend the day on the water. It was quite a cold and blistery day, but reluctantly I told him I would go. We spent the morning with him fishing and me playing on my laptop and planning a shower for Jodie. Below is a shot of just how cold I was!!

I don't know how Kevin held it together all morning,but he never let me know anything was going on.....he was great at keeping the secret...


This picture is of the only two bass he caught that day. He caught them on two poles at the same time. Later I told him that was a sign!!!


Me enjoying taking a nap in the boat....Lord knows, if I had had any idea what was going on, I wouldn't have been able to sleep!!!


After a morning of fishing, Kevin asked me if I was ready for lunch. I told him sure. I had packed a lunch for us of pb and j for me and a fried bologna for him, vienna sausages, cheese straws and almonds...he had a little more on his mind. As I started to put up my stuff and get out lunch to eat in the boat, he pulled the boat up on the bank. After some convincing, he got me out of the boat for a picnic! I was excited, but still had no idea what was coming. He got out a small charcoal grill, burgers, chips, chocolate chip cookies....





He cooked us lunch while I read the paper..what a relaxing day...



Wonder what was going through his mind?

After lunch, he asked me to marry him!!!! This was right after I said yes! I have never felt such excitement, contentment and relief all at the same time! I couldn't stop shaking!


This was from the boat when we left....look at the heart on the tree!! I didn't notice this until I loaded my pictures on the computer.


The most beautiful engagement ring I have ever seen!!!


My fiance!

I called Carly to come over and get her birthday present...inside was a tank top that said "Bridesmaid." She absolutely lost it and wins the award for best reaction to the engagement news!!!

Us crying a looking at my ring...


Jumping, screaming, laughing and crying...we did it all!

My Maid of Honor!

MaKenna tries on my ring...

The kids and Shanie check out my ring...

Jadyn tries on the ring...she looked at me and said, "It parkles!"
Us showing off our bling!


When I got home from Kevin's, Mom already had me a gift...I got scrapbook stickers, a beautiful pearl and rhinestone picture frame, and wedding Christmas ornaments.


It was such an amazing day and I don't think I have stopped smiling in three days. I am the luckiest girl in the world and can't wait to start my life with Kevin. Thanks for all the well wishes and stay tuned for more!!
























































6 comments:

  1. congrats laurel! i know you are excited and the ring is BEAUTIFUL! i was at tresses tuesday getting my hair done and everyone there was waiting on you to get there to show your ring off! :-) too funny! have fun w/ the planning!

    brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such exciting news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just came across your blog for the first time. Congratulations!! Wishing you and your fiance a happily ever after :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laurel! I know that you don't know me...I'm Britni Nicholson's friend...but I follow your blog and I just wanted to say Congratulations on your engagement! I noticed your saved the "E" and now I know why! That is TOO CUTE!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweetheart as you prepare for this special day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! CONGRATS!!! The ring is gorgeous!

    Love your blog, I found you through the Nicholson's and I am so glad! You have a new reader!

    ReplyDelete