Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mobile Trip

Let me start off by saying, Happy Belated First Birthday, Noah Bradley Nicholson!!!  Uncle Kevin and I love you so much!!!

Mom and I took a trip to Mobile last weekend for Noah's first birthday.  We were having a pretty tough week when we left for the big celebration, due to the fact that Shanie and Randall had just told us they were planning on moving to the beach to live.  I will spare you the details and just say that THEY ARE NOT MOVING, thank the good Lord, but we were in turmoil, to say the least during the first part of our trip.  We tried not to let that get in the way of celebrating sweet Noah's first birthday.  Britni did SUCH an amazing job with the party, I definitely will be calling on her services when Kevin and I have a child of our own one day.  The party was nothing short of spectacular!!  I will do another blog post very soon with pictures of the party.

So, until then, here is my favorite one!  I love you sweet boy!!!

Kevin and Daddy decided to try and cheer mom and I up by coming down to the beach for a couple of days after the party.  We received the great news from Shanie and the kids on the way back across the bay the night of the party, just in time to pull in and meet Kevin and Dad.  (They had just arrived at our hotel!)  We enjoyed a day of family fun in Gulf Shores, did a little shopping in the rain and went out to eat.  The guys left the next day, but we had fun anyway.


Mom and Kevin at King Neptune's

 I was so happy to see him!  I love you!!! (And yes, I had been rained on here!!!)

 My sweet Mommy and Daddy

When we checked into our room, it was such a disappointment.  It was not clean, the linens smelled like a thrift store for lack of a better explanation, and Kevin had to sleep on a bunk bed and me on the couch because the linens for the pull out bed were stinky!!!  Here he is, bless his heart.


His foot hung out of the bed like that all night!  Mom and I of course were not ready to go to bed at 9 pm when they were, so Kevin made him a "tent" to keep out the noise and light from the living room.  I still do not know how he fell asleep or stayed asleep there for that matter, but he did.  He never ceases to amaze me.  We were so upset with the room that we packed our stuff up after the boys left the next morning and headed to Meyer.  I acted a little bit like my dad, I hate to say, and demanded a refund.  I was given a credit for our second night and we headed out. 

Mom and I spent the day shopping in Spanish Fort and then decided to visit Britni and Noah since Justin was working and they were home alone.  We had a great time talking about the party and just catching up and then we went out to eat at a fabulous restaurant close to their house, called Zea.  It was a rotisserie restaurant and was amazing. 

All in all, it was a great trip.  I definitely enjoyed seeing Britni, Justin and Noah and am looking forward to them coming home next weekend as well.  Hope I can squeeze some time in to visit while they are home if I can work it around my work schedule!

More pictures from the party to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment