Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Things I'm Loving....



I thought I would dedicate my "Tuesday post" to some of the things I am loving right now! If this post doesn't make sense, it is because I am listening to three 6 year olds learn to count money and my Mom doing her best to help them understand! She is such a great Narnie!!! I would be ready to scream right now! Glad she is the homework helper and I'm not!!!




Speaking of her, my #1 new favorite thing is a direct reflection of just how talented she is!!! She painted the picture below for my "teeny tiny dining room" (or the corner of my kitchen as I like to call it). It is just precious and I can't stop looking at it!!!



Thanks Momma, I love the hips!!!




I came home from work Saturday to find this cute little Bradford Pear tree in my yard. My daddy has heard me talk for a year and a half about wanting one and thought he would surprise me with one he planted in my yard. Ok, so are we seeing from the first two things that my parents are the best ever???!??!? I can't wait to watch my little tree grow and will always think of my sweet daddy when I look outside at it.



Clean Mama Printables is my newest Etsy obsession. She has so many helpful printables for purchase. I bought the ultimate package which has cleaning, organization and holiday lists. I highly recommend her store. Check her out by clicking the link above.




I am in the process of getting a makeover for my photography website. I am so excited to be working with my friend and blog designer Danielle Moss. Danielle and I "met" a few years ago and she has done all of my blog design and logo design for my business since then. She is so talented and does such a great job interpreting what I have in my mind for each design she does. Thanks so much Danielle! You can check out her work on the Design Girl website.




CONGRATS LIBBY!!! I am soooooo proud to announce that my sweet Libby will be a UWA Tiger Cheerleader this fall!!! Yay Libs and Go Tigers! I can't believe that she is graduating in May and then will be moving off and leaving me here shortly thereafter. I love you so much Libs and could NOT be prouder of you!!! Can't wait til my very first Tiger football game!!!





Today, in particular, I am loving that my phone rang at 5:02 this morning to ask me if I wanted to be on call today!!! Yay for staffing!!! Kevin and I have gotten so much accomplished with this extra time off together. We cleaned out his closet, drawers, the refrigerator and freezer!!! Now I am catching up on some "housekeeping" and visiting with the kids. Thank you Lord for unexpected days off and time with family that I wouldn't normally have.




My best friend, Britni, introduced me to the Swiffer Sweeper Vac a few weeks ago when I visited her house in Mobile. Then she blogged about how great it was, so trusting her opinion like I do, I ran out and bought one at 7 am one morning at Walmart! I LOOOOOVE IT and CANNOT say enough wonderful things about it! I have HATED my hardwood floors since we moved into our house and have promised to NEVER have them again if we ever have another house. They were just IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean (just ask Mom). This all changed when I discovered the Swiffer Sweeper Vac. I can't tell you how great it is, you just need to try it for yourself. It picks up all the dust, hair, dirt and other small stuff on the swiffer pad and then the vacuum picks up anything smaller than a cheerio! It's great. GO BUY ONE NOW!!!



I am reading the wonderful book, Water for Elephants now and as soon as I finish it, I am headed to the theater to see two of my favorite actors in this spectacular story!!! I can't wait!



Ok, so I saved the best for last....my dear friends, Chris and Tara Whitaker are in the process of adopting a child. They already have a beautiful boy, Colton, who I have had the pleasure of photographing. I have come to know and love this family over the past year and wanted to help with their adoption as much as possible. I have talked with each of them about their decision to adopt and was so touched to hear how strongly they feel about this calling God has put in their lives. I ask you to join me in prayer for their sweet family as they start this process. I know God has a very special child to join this wonderful family!


Along with your prayers, I would ask that you check out Tara's Adoption Silent Auction on her blog. She has a ton of great items to bid on including kids clothes, baby items, dresses, household items, coupon binders and organizers, 31 Gifts Items, artwork, candles and gift certificates. There is also a photography session from yours truly and a necklace and earrings donated by my Mom (Narnie's Sparkles). Please take time to drop by her blog and check it out at The Whitakers.


Now off for some 6 year old playtime. I love my babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment