Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday night

Has anyone seen the Julie & Julia? I have mentioned it on my facebook before. It has become one of my favorite movies. I have watched it three times today on my day off. That's right, my day off. Apparently, everyone in Tuscaloosa and the surrounding counties have decided to stay home to celebrate Mother's day or to attend the Blue Angels Airshow. At last count this afternoon, we had an overwhelming 26 patients, and we hold a total of 48! So, when I got the call at 5:20 this morning, I said a quick thank you prayer and rolled over to get a little more sleep.

We celebrated Mother's Day tonight since we will have to work tomorrow and Mom will be sitting with her Mom. Dad cooked hamburger steak with gravy and onions, hot water cornbread, fried chicken (Mom's favorite), turnip greens, mashed potatoes, peas, and pear salad. Kevin and I did baskets (and by Kevin and I, I really just mean I) for our Mom's. Mom got a purse and shoes from Francesca's at the Summit, silver measuring spoons, a Tyler candle, tropical pajamas for our cruise this summer, cheese straws and key lime bites, note cards, and a gift certificate to Malibu. We have nail appointments together Monday and I am looking forward to that time together. I am so lucky to have such an amazing Mom and thank God for the wonderful influence she is on my life and for such a great best friend.

Gonna finish watching my movie now and then head off to bed. Hope work flies by tomorrow....three days off after tomorrow! Yay! Hope everyone has a blessed Mother's Day! God bless you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment